Project ERASMUS+ SPORT
SPORT IS YOUR HEALTH, SPORT IS YOUR LIFE
AVIS Comunale Giungano
1)" The Change is you" ASSOCIATION
2)" Association of Paraplegics, Tetraplegics and Phisically Disabled of Kavala"
The project encourages the development of cognitive, methodological, social and relational competences through sport, considering it as the new tool to educate and train people. This aim will be achieved by the organisation of many activities (such as sports activities, workshops , seminars, conventions and meetings) in each of the three partner countries and the planning of frequent activities of virtual mobility, which are relevant to the participants for a direct comparison among them. Through these strategies, the project will create a firm net among the partners organisations. The project pursues problems relevant to the target group (aged 16-30) and to the participating organizations, since it aims to bridge the gap between the involved people, by promoting education through sport practice and physical practice as a means of socialization, but also a way to achieve specific competences.
Avis Giungano promotes the voluntary and health prevention activities;
the Association of paraplegics and quadriplegics physically disabled of Kavala works for the social inclusion of disabled persons,
"The change is you" Association instead, promotes the development of the Human Person, Youth in particular, through the Formal and Non Formal Education and volunteer activities.
The issues which everyday these three organizations try to deal with are: insufficient social inclusion of disadvantaged people, lack of sport education, little awareness of the importance of physical practice as a means to preserve health.
The project mainly foresees activities for the development of the involved people and their relation to other ones. In fact, in each of the partner countries, some whole days will be devoted to outdoor sport and to various workshops, in order to develop the above mentioned competences. Seminars held by experts will focus on sport and health and virtual mobility will be fostered.
The added value generated by this partnership is based on the focused choice of the three Countries which the organisations belong to. Actually, the partnership is made up of organisations from Italy, Bulgaria and Greece. These countries are the ones where least importance is given to sports activities and to its fundamental role as a fundamental instrument to prevent diseases, but, above all as a method to favour social inclusion, to help people being together, to learn how to live in the right way and share life with others in the right way. The project generates a net thanks its planned activities such as virtual mobility and international meetings
Only thanks to the comparative analysis produced by the project and the comparison of the good practices suggested by the experts, the fixed objectives can be achieved in an appropriate and efficient way.
Comparative actions through virtual mobility and collaborative actions among the leaders of the project (through the international meetings) intend to achieve a result which would have not been obtained if the organisations had worked individually.
Avis (Italian Association of Volunteer Blood Donors) is a volunteering organization (registered in the specific regional register and disciplined by the Law n. 266/91), formed by those who donate voluntarily, freely, periodically and anonymously their blood. It is a non-party, nonreligious, without any discrimination of race, sex, religion, language, nationality, political ideology and it excludes any profit-seeking purpose. , always ready to help the weak and the paupers.
. The association wants to support the spread of fundamental ideas that encourage to guarantee the welfare and the health of those who donate; therefore , it promotes sport as a formidable way of preventing cardiovascular diseases, cancer, obesity and all of those pathologies that wouldn't possibly make possible for a donor to donate.
The purposes of the association established by the Statute were and are: to support the growing request of blood, to have donors ready and supervised for what concerns their blood and health situation, and to donate freely to everybody, without any sort of discrimination.
"THE CHANGE IS YOU" ASSOCIATION
"The Change is in You" association has been established to use non-formal methods and approaches to promote volunteering services and informal education as a tool for motivating youngsters to study harder and be more open-minded towards different cultures, religions, genders, nationalities, etc.
Main objectives of the organization:
* Help the incorporation of young people into the civil society.
* Stimulate the exchange of ideas and information, intellectual values and models of cooperation.
* Prevent and react against the negative phenomena amongst young people (youth crime, drug addiction, prostitution, racism, xenophobia, etc.).
* Promote quality education, social help and qualification of young people.
* Help integration and socialization of people with disabilities, ethnic minority groups and young people in the lowest income bracket.
* Offer social favour to society.
"ASSOCIATION OF PARAPLEGICS, TETRAPLEGICS AND PHISICALLY DISABLED OF KAVALA"
The Association was founded by members that were mainly disabled and their families so as to offer employment, education and rehabilitation to disabled people. The creation of the association was a means so as to improve the everyday life of the disabled.
The association supports the disabled by offering:
- psychological support to members and their families
- Socialization and education programmes
- Pedagogical programmes
- Computer and accounting cours
- Gymnastics and Athletics programmes
- Entertainment and Creative Occupation
. Objectives del progetto
to promote voluntary activities in sport, together with social inclusion, equal opportunities and awareness of the importance of health-enhancing physical activity through increased participation in, and equal access to, sport for all
The project pursues the objectives of European policy in matter of sport, in particular the ones quoted in the Council Recommendation of 26th November 2013 on promoting health-enhancing physical activity across sectors and EU Orientations on sport.
The project aims at:
- Promoting and developing education to sport and through it
- Prevention of diseases and promotion of health;
- Learning to be together with other people", in particular, with people who find difficult to integrate themselves into society.
- Social inclusion and equal opportunities in sport
- Voluntary work
- The project also underlines that sport is a right for everyone and any discrimination of nationality, race, religion, political orientation or any other form of exclusion are intolerable and incompatible with a responsible sport practice.
- The goal is to bring people together through sport activities. Grouping is a means to prevent youth disadvantage and to promote a better quality of life. Due to these reasons, the project involves various public and private stakeholders, in order to support the growth and the development of competences
· Italy, Bulgaria and Greece appear to be the countries where sports are less practised and where little importance is given to the value of sport as a means to prevent diseases and as a tool for social cohesion. For these reasons, a project should be carried out to enhance the social and health aspect of physical practice.
Sport represents a vehicle for socialization and social inclusion and health a way to shorten distances between people coming from different geographical, cultural and religious settings. Due to these reason, the present project, means to promote sport as a means to favour integration: integration is our goal; sport its means.
The project means to underline that the benefits of physical training during one's life are huge and include a decrease of the risk of cardiovascular diseases, some cancers, diabetes, the improvement of muscle-skeletal health, the monitoring of the weight and many positive effects on the development of mental health and cognitive processes. The project, therefore, wants to underline the following idea: "Sport is a human activity founded on basic social, educational and cultural values. It represents a cause of integration, of participation to social life, of tolerance, acceptance of differences and respect of rules" Declaration of European Council, Nice, December 2000.*
The project means to pursue these objectives:
- to promote the development of participants' cognitive skills, through activities which will develop and improve their coordination and the perceptive skills related to the space and time. The suggested activities will also develop their skills of analysis and synthesis, of problem solving, evaluation and understanding of behaviours, situations and events;
-to promote the development of the communicative skills such as express oneself and speak in a different language,
- to support the development of social and relational competences, promoting an efficient participation in society, above all for people with different problems that negatively influence the integration in society.
-to promote, through sport, the development of methodological skills, that is to say the skills allowing us to find out solutions, even creative ones, to solve problems and organise the competences;
- to favour appropriate behaviour for health prevention,
- to promote the acquisition of conscious and well-informed life-styles according to the features of territory and respecting environment;
- to promote volunteers' mobility.
Workshops, team sport activities for the development of competences will be carried out together with seminars held by experts, who will explain the important relationship between sport and health.
There will be meetings with public authorities and representatives of civil society.
A book will be created to collect the feelings and the emotions of each participant
There will be many initiatives of mobility and cross-border meetings in order to create a firm net among the partner organisations.
There will be an alternation of sport activities, workshops for the development of competences, seminars dealing with health and the importance of sport, conferences with representatives of civic society, intermediate coordination activities for the planning of activities of the last six months, the publishing of the book, the final coordination, mobility of the staff and the volunteers.
- The activities realized to improve socialisation and "learning how to stay with other people" will be followed by seminars or workshops; activities which intend to give useful information and suggest techniques for the development of competences will be followed by virtual mobility, because the project wants to make a constant comparison among the participants of the other organisations.
- Methodology is very easy and, thus, workable: it foresees three kinds of activities: sport activities and outdoor activities; workshops, conferences and seminars. Each typology has got given spaces and timing, which are fit to achieve their objectives. Sport activities last 3 days, while seminars and conferences one day and they take place in meeting rooms that can house a large public.
The suggested methodology aims at favouring processes which will help to promote and develop education through sport, transversal skills, learning to stay with other people and promotion of health.
. The activities of socialisation will be supervised by the staff, while the seminars will be held by experts in the field. Activities will take place in the Country where the organisation is located, but also in virtual mobility mode with all the participants, after each activity carried out in a physical space.
- The project foresees a group that will manage all the activities, made up of a coordinator for each organisation and two staff people for each of them. This project foresees activities which will be carried out separately in the three partner Countries and will be supervised in each Country by the staff of the belonging organisation.
- The project will last one year
- The project involves qualified staff. The coordinators of all the activities will be 3 people, one for each Country. Staff will be made up of a coordinator and other two people for each Country. Each organisation will have at its disposal a translator, a doctor, an instructor and a sociologist.
- The staff will supervise all the activities together : Italian computer technician will help during virtual mobility, with the creation of the website, while Bulgarian and Greek ones will give support during virtual mobility. The translator's help will be necessary during the activities of virtual mobility; the sociologist will organise workshops for the development of competences; the expert in the field of sport and health will speak during the conferences/seminars of the project.